Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sickness

This is a just a quick post to inform those of you just getting into this line of work. I have been sick THREE times in the six months I have been doing this and I have found that I am not the only one that has experienced this.

As a cop you spend your time in a dirty police car, the hospital and the county jail. I guess I should not be suprised. Those are some pretty disgusting places.

I have heard that the first year is the worst and then you are semi-immune.

4 comments:

  1. Do you get a hepatitis vacination? Not that it covers all forms but every bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have. I got a tons of different vaccinations and boosters when I got hired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay well from now on! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most illnesses can be avoided by washing your hands. A decent diet helps as well. Ironically, it's usually the hospital that provides you with your latest version of 'the crud', but in your case you've also got the lock up and the patrol car.

    No wonder Adrian Monk was careful...

    ReplyDelete